Requests for reports and records can be obtained by telephone, US Mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and in person at the Sheriff’s Office.
There is a reasonable charge for obtaining records, (See the Records Fees page for the fee schedule). Time spent doing research may also be charged, dependent on the amount of time required.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
- ACCIDENT REPORTS $10.00
- COPY FEES $ .50
- FINGERPRINTS $10.00
- INCIDENTREPORTS $10.00
- MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD $10.00
- PHOTOS $10.00
- SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY $10.00
- WEAPON PERMIT $10.00
The Sioux County Sheriffs Office can provide a criminal record check on persons arrested by our office or incarcerated in our jail.
- It does not include juvenile records or traffic record dispositions (which may be obtained from the Iowa Department of Transportation or Juvenile Court).
- It does not include records of other agencies. We suggest you check with other agencies in this area for possible additional information.
- This criminal records check does not include disposition information on any of the charges. It simply states that the individual was arrested and/or jailed.
- We caution your use of this information without full court disclosure on the disposition of each charge.
- See the “Fee Schedule” for cost estimate.
Iowa Criminal History Checks
- If you are in need of a statewide Iowa Criminal History Record check, you will need to contact the Division of Criminal Investigation in Des Moines, IA.
- They accept online application and payment for criminal history record checks.
- The Internet address is: https://iowacriminalhistory.iowa.gov or call (515) 725-6072.
- You can also click on the link provided on our “Public Records” page.
Military Records Checks
- Requests made by the armed forces can be faxed or emailed (email@example.com) directly to us.
- The local recruiter can also bring them to the Sheriff’s Office.