On Tuesday, October 6, at 4:11 p.m., Sioux County Communications received a report of a garage fire that occurred on residential property at 211 2nd Street in Maurice, IA.
Upon their arrival, the Maurice Fire Department discovered the garage on fire; the Sioux Center Fire Department was requested to provide mutual assistance.
Upon further investigation, residents of that address had been burning garbage earlier that day, causing the fire to ignite in the garage area.
Fire personnel were able to extinguish the fire and no injuries were reported.
The occupants of the residence were warned for open burning during a burn ban.
The Maurice Fire Department was assisted by the Sioux Center Fire Department Sioux Center Ambulance and the Sioux County Sheriff’s Office.