On Wednesday, March 4, at 1:31 p.m., the Matlock Fire Department responded to a report of a fire that occurred at a hog confinement at 2710 Kiwi Avenue, one mile northwest of Matlock, IA.
Upon further investigation it was discovered that a fire occurred inside the building and was extinguished by responding fire department personnel. No animals were in the building at the time of the fire.
No injuries were reported.
The property sustained approximately $1,000,000 in damage.
The cause of the fire is believed to be due to pit fumes that ignited inside the building.
The Matlock Fire Department was assisted by the sheriff’s office, Boyden Fire Department, Boyden Ambulance and Sheldon Fire Department.